Welcome to Evesham Squash
Updated on 14 January 2014 by Martin Frangleton
Welcome to Evesham Squash, the Squash Section of Evesham Rowing Club. We were the very first Club in the country to be awarded the England Squash and Racketball Club Charter Bronze Award. In May 2008 we were awarded the Gold Award (the highest award achievable).
The Squash Section currently has about 80 regular squash-playing members: ladies, gentlemen and juniors of all levels of skill, ranging from beginners to county and regional players. Membership is open to all who love the games of Squash and Racketball. Membership also includes individual membership of England Squash and Racketball. Special terms are available for families and juniors, the squash subscription also covers membership of the Tennis Section. There are no court fees, light fees or stamp fees for either tennis or squash - the subscription covers it all.
Squash courts are available in 45 minute sessions and can be booked online by members up to two weeks ahead. Access to the club is by means of a key fob (£10, refundable).
Evesham Rowing Club is a members' club. This means that it's non-profit making, and relies on voluntary effort from its members to keep the subscriptions at their lowest possible level. Everyone helps out in whatever way they can - supporting the bar (easy!), attending functions, helping to run functions, doing DIY maintenance on the courts and clubhouse, helping to run the section, etc.
Summary of what Evesham Squash has to offer
- Three first class heated courts.
- Superb Online booking system - club members can book 14 days in advance.
- Leagues which cover a wide range of standards from beginners to county standard.
- Two men's teams and one ladies' team in the County Leagues.
- Exceptionally strong Vet's section - including a member of the 2009 County Champions team.
- Tournaments - usually at least three a year - Ambidextrous, Handicap and Club Championship.
- Coaching - access to England Squash qualified coaches (two Level 2 coaches in the club, and occasional visits from higher-level coaches).
- Training sessions/Club night (currently Thursday evenings).
- Good club facilities - over £600k spent on new tennis courts, changing rooms, bar/function room, etc.
- Fob-based security system. Fobs available for £10 deposit (refundable on returning the fob).
- Free tennis included in the squash subscription.
You get all this for about £5 a week - superb value! The more you play, the better value it becomes - no court/light fees, no joining fee, no hidden extras! Members are encouraged to pay by monthly direct debit.